Monday 13 February 2012

CND Shellac Blackpool with Glitter Tips & Foil Nail Art


Nat's friend Stacey called me back for CND Shellac manicure again today - she had the Red Baroness (see this post) a little while back and more recently, a french manicure, and as you can see, her nails have really grown.

So this time she opted for something very different and chose to have Shellac in Blackpool. She really liked my manicure that I had with Blackpool and the diamante lightening bolt (see this post), so we updated it with some silver glitter tips and a lightning bolt in foil instead.

To create this look I prepped the nails as CND recommend - cuticle tidy, file, scrubfresh and then applied Shellac base coat (curing for 10secs). I followed this with 2 coats of Shellac in Blackpool (curing for 120secs after each coat). To make the glitter tips I first mixed some Gosh Nail Glitter in Silver with Shellac Zillionaire in a palette then painted a coat on each nail as a tip with a nail art brush and cured for 120secs. On the ring finger I used some silver striping foil to make the lightening bolt and just stuck this to the tacky layer of the Blackpool. To finish it off, I added a coat of topcoat to each nail, cured for 120secs and then removed the residue with d-sperse. Voila!


What do you think? I love this alternative to a glitter fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...