Sunday 22 April 2012

CND Shellac Nail Art - Iced Cappuccino and Konad Stamping


Hello lovely people! I have another Shellac and Konad experiment to share with you this evening as modelled by the lovely Stacey of course! After the success of my last manicures (here and here) Konad and Shellac is proving to be quite a pairing with my friends and family!

The theme she really wanted to focus on was a 'tribal' style manicure so this time we had a little browse of my Konad plates and picked out the fantastic designs you can see above. In terms of colour we were a little limited as Shellac is pretty lacking in the yellow/green/blue department for a colourful tribal pattern, so we kept it more elegant but just as intricate with simple black and gold.

For the base I used two coats of CND Shellac in Iced Cappuccino (see a swatch here) curing for 2 minutes after both. I then used my Konad Special Polish in Black and the repeating frame pattern from the S6 plate to stamp onto the thumb, middle and little finger. Then I again used the polish with the circular pattern from the S6 plate to stamp onto the first and ring finger. Once the Konad polish had dried, I added a black French manicure tip to the first and ring finger, cured for 2 minutes, then applied top coat to all nails and cured for a final 2 minutes. Voila!
Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi there! I've been admiring your nails all morning! Do you wipe the color coat with IPA before stamping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam :) No I don't bother with the IPA wipe, in fact the stickiness helps the stamped design to stick down better and not slide on the nail. Hope that helps!
      Jem xx

      Delete
  2. How do you buy shellac products? They are a professional product for professional nail techs only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha, I know they are, I tend to find sellers on eBay. I am hoping to get the full training at some point, but for now it's purely a hobbie.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...