Saturday 5 May 2012

CND Shellac Nail Art - Rosebud with Blackpool and Cocoa Moons


Evening all! It's been a while! I still have a small manicure backlog which I start to clear and then other things come up. So while I remember, I wanted to quickly show you a new Shellac idea I tried out on my dear friend Jene around 3 weeks ago.

She flashed her issue of Vogue at me when I popped over to do her nails for her and she was set on wanting some moons. She ideally wanted some pastel shades, but with Shellac's lacking in that department, the closest we found were Cocoa and Rosebud.

So I applied two coats of Rosebud for the base colour and then we randomly applied a black moon, in Blackpool, to three fingers and the rest got Cocoa. To get the smooth outline, I used some french manicure stickers but at the base instead of the tip of the nails. The moons did need two coats, which meant after the first curing I had to apply the second coat free-hand, but this wasn't too tricky once I had the basic outline.

Let me know what you think.

(PS. Please excuse the poor photo quality - iPhone again!)

Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish they had the color options that Gelish has. I do love Shellec.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is a little frustrating at times! But I live in hope of more being released.
      Jem xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...