Tuesday 7 August 2012

CND Shellac Nail Art - Tropix Hawaiian Print

Without Flash
With Flash
What? I hear you say. A Shellac manicure on myself?? Yup! Indeed it is. Sometimes I spend so long doing manicures for friends and family that I never get round to doing myself too. So a couple of weekends ago, a family 'Hawaiian' themed BBQ gave me the perfect excuse to try out a little nail art.

When I looked at my collection, nothing screamed tropical more than Tropix so I mixed it up with a little Cream Puff on my ring finger and some Konad stamping too. I did have the honest intention of hand drawing some hibiscus flowers but I just ran out of time got lazy.

So instead I used the Konad Special Polish  in Pink to stamp the double hibiscus flowers from the M29 plate and then sealed with Shellac Top Coat. You can buy Konad from their website here.

Tropix has to be one of my favourite Shellac colours but it just doesn't photograph well. The flash photo is probably the closest as it picks up the almost neon quality of the pink, whereas although the non-flash photo bears no true resemblance to the real life colour, it does nicely pick out the orange hue from Tropix.

Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :) 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...