Wednesday 26 December 2012

CND Shellac Christmas Nail Art - #1 Snowflakes



Merry Christmas! Now that the hectic period is mostly over, I can finally get around to posting some of the Christmas manicures that I've done over the past fortnight. First up is Kate, remember her from here, here and here? She really wanted some snowflake nails so I adopted a design from Cheryl - a nail technician that I know.

I picked out Midnight Swim, one of the new Winter Wonderland 2012 colours, for the perfect night sky background. It is a glorious dark navy blue with a slight hint of shimmer. To paint on the snowflakes I used my small detailer brush and Cream Puff to get a nice crisp white finish. I made sure the snowflakes overlapped the edge of the nails to make them appear as though they were falling from the sky. I finished off the look by adding some drops of snow with a dotting tool.

Very simple yet extremely effective, although exceedingly time consuming - three hours to be exact! Painting the snowflakes was painstaking!

What do you think? I'm quietly very proud of these :)


Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...