Sunday 30 December 2012

CND Shellac Christmas Nail Art - #3 Blue Glitter Fade & Snowflakes



Blue glitter and Cream Puff can only mean one thing... more snowflakes! Here's another Christmas nail art design for you, in Shellac of course. As modelled by the one and only Stacey (duh??!).

Stacey wanted something much more festive for Christmas but would also carry her through to New Year. So naturally we went straight for the glitters. Now the layers to this are quite complex, so bear with me :)

Firstly I painted a coat of Studio White as a base colour, cured, then added a coat of a glitter paste (made up of Moonlight and Roses mixed with an iridescent white glitter) over the top and cured again.

I then mixed up a different glitter paste of Zillionaire, Gosh Nail glitters in Silver and Blue Sapphire, CND Glitter Additives in Blue and Silver Holographic in my palette. I painted the blue glitter paste in a glitter fade from the cuticles down, so that the white at the tip looked almost like a snowy landscape along the nail, and cured.

Finally, I used a small detailer brush and my Cream Puff to create star like snowflakes and a dotting tool to add the snow. I cured the white, added top coat, cured for one last time (180 seconds though this time due to all the layers) and voila!

Glittery blue Christmas/New Year nails, done.

Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...