Sunday 30 December 2012

CND Shellac - Limited Edition Christmas 2012 Colours

Without flash

With flash
Well it wouldn't be Christmas without showing you some swatches of CND's Limited Edition Holiday 2012 colours. Do you remember this post from the Autumn when I told you about the exciting new release? Well, you know me, I got my hands on a set as soon as I possibly could and this Christmas I've lost count of the number of manicures I've done using the festive shades.

Ruby Ritz is essentially a red glitter and Tinsel Toast is a gold glitter. The top two photos show off the colours with and without flash. The lovely Tyra wearing Ruby Ritz with Tinsel Toast as an accent nail.

I ended up doing a lot of glitter manicures this season, and I found that it was best to layer two coats of Ruby Ritz over one coat of Red Baroness to get a more intense, solid, glittery look. Tinsel Toast is hard to intensify by layering over another colour as there are none quite the same shade of gold, so instead I used three coats to make sure there was a full coat of gold glitter.
I felt a little sorry for Tinsel Toast as it was neglected in favour of the red by most people, so that's what I opted for as my own Christmas manicure - pictured below.


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and here's to a very Happy New Year :)

Disclaimer - Stock photo of limited edition colours is not my own, it is courtesy of the Sweet Squared Facebook page here. All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...