Sunday 10 February 2013

CND Shellac Nail Art - Glittery Peacocks



Get a load of this glittery gorgeous-ness! These were one of my favourite designs to date for Stacey but so bloomin' difficult to photograph - trust me they looked way better in real life!

Inspiration came in the form of an instagram photo from @hairandnailfashion (but I can't now find the original photo). Anyway, Stacey wanted a play around with some of the new Autumn 2012 Shellac colours, so that's exactly what we did.

It started of as a base colour of two coats of Midnight Swim. Then in a palette I mixed some of Pretty Poison with my Gosh Nail Glitter in Jade Green and painted the green feather strokes from the bottom outer corner of each nail up to the top inner corner, with a striping brush. I added some further strokes like this but with Sugared Spice. To make the 'eye' of the peacock feather I started with a mixture of Tinsel Toast and the CND Additive pigment in Yellow in a palette and using a detailer brush painted the slightly oval shape over the feather strokes. I then mixed some of the CND Additive pigment effect in Cerulean Blue with Midnight Swim and added a smaller oval that overlapped the edge of the gold one. I used Midnight Swim on its own, to create one last small oval, again overlapping at the edge of the other two and finished the whole look off with top coat.

Phew! That was a lot of steps! But the end result was pretty darn good if I do say so myself :)

Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...