Saturday 16 March 2013

CND Shellac Nail Art - A French Alternative


At the end of January, Fudge (@fungling_y on instagram and twitter) was off on her hols to Hong Kong (lucky cow) and wanted to update her NYE nails. So she showed me a picture that she found on google somewhere and we reworked the design with CND Shellac. The original was a deep red shimmer from memory but we changed it up to use a dark grey instead.



For the base colour she went for an almost invisible layer of Negligee and the dark grey was the sleek Overtly Onyx. From memory it was one coat of the pink and two of the grey.

I then used some Tinsel Toast mixed with a little extra Gosh nail glitter in Gold to paint the glittery lines and added a diamanté to the thumb and ring fingers, before sealing it all in with top coat.

I quite like the edgier take on the classic French manicure, don't you?
Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...