Sunday 24 March 2013

CND Shellac Nail Art - Rainbow Polka Dots



Maddie went polka dot crazy last month and what better way to go all dotty than in a rainbow showcase of Shellac! You last saw Maddie with her Iridescent Ice Queen nails so she's firmly bucking her normal French trend at the moment.

To create this look we used a base colour of CND Shellac in Studio White - not quite as harsh as Cream Puff which mostly just looks like you've 'tippex-ed' your nails (or 'wite-out' if your from across the pond). Then using my CND dotting tool, I added polkas dots to each nail and we kept the colours matching on each hand.

Thumb - Silver Chrome, Index Finger - Hotski to Tchotchke, Middle finger - Purple Purple, Ring finger - Red Baroness, Little finger - Tutti Frutti.

The hardest colours to 'polka dot' were the metallics (silver and green) as the metallic sheen collected together so the dots appeared less smooth - but the easiest was the red, in general I think Red Baroness is a dream to work with.

It was sealed in with a bit of top coat and there you have it - colour crazy dots. It seems that everyone is going a bit polka dot crazy as I've already repeated this design in other colour variations - so stay posted!


Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...