Saturday 25 May 2013

CND Shellac Nail Art - Princess Glitter Fade


Princess Glitter Fade. Well I just can't think of any other way to describe these lovelies, can you? The beautiful Carys (last seen here) requested these for her bridesmaid manicure and I have to say, I love her choice of glitters.

Carys went for the ever popular CND Shellac Grapefruit Sparkle as her base colour - a gorgeous sheer pink with a subtle silver glitter - as seen in a previous post here. I used two coats and then a silver glitter mix for the glitter fade. To make the silver glitter mix, I used CND Shellac Mother of Pearl and GOSH Nail Glitter in Silver. I mixed the two together in a ceramic palette and painted the glitter fade in two coats. I finished it off with CND Shellac Top Coat and there you have it, perfectly princess-y nails.

I particularly like the sheer base colour with the glitter fade over the top, it makes it look like the glitter is built into the gel and not just faded over the top.

Gosh Silver Nail Glitter is available from most Superdrug stores (although online I can only find the Gold one here).

Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. Once you Shellac you never go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...