Thursday 30 May 2013

CND Shellac Summer 2013 Summersplash Swatches


So I FINALLY got hold of the Shellac Summersplash collection from CND - they crept up on us with that one didn't they! My last post about the launch of these is proving to be quite popular on my little blog, so I thought it was well overdue that I brought you a swatch of them myself. 

 

The Summersplash launch was of 4 bright 'Summer' typical colours, named appropriately of course! And they bring the total number of launches this year so far to 9.


Here's a bit more of a close up so you can see them a more clearly and I'll run through a quick recap of the colours:

little finger - Water Park - a metallic 'sea' blue. This is quite metallic, think Hotski to Tchotchke or Iced Cappuccino. I don't tend to wear metallics that often so I would have preferred this to have been a creme, but hey ho, we can't be fussy, at least they've brought out a blue. Plus, I've found a new technique to rid the metallic sheen - mix in a little Cream Puff!

ring finger - Lobster Roll - a bright red-orange. I'd actually go as far as to call this a jelly which is different for Shellac because they don't do many! I absolutely LOVE this colour and I've had so many requests for it. It looks great on pale skin and a-maz-ing with a tan and without doubt will be my pedicure of choice for the Summer.

middle finger - Grape Gum - a rich 'grape' purple with slight shimmer. I like that they've launched two purples so far this year and completely different shades as well. I do love this colour and can't wait to do a full manicure in it (maybe with a little glitter fade...) but find three coats is necessary for a true opaque finish.

index finger - Pink Bikini - a bright creme pink. I was least excited about this one as I felt there was already enough in the pink spectrum with Hot Pop Pink, Gotcha and Tutti Frutti to name but a few. But this actually makes Gotcha look very bubblegum and Hot Pop Pink appear more of a blue-pink. This is the perfect go between and it's grown on me.

And cue obligatory solar-oil-hand-grasp....


So what do you think? In my opinion, if you haven't tried one of these yet, Shellac lovers you NEED to have at least one of these shades on your next appointment!


Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. Once you Shellac you never go back!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...